Monday, May 07, 2007

Integrity…

I will be careful to lead a blameless life—
When will you come to me?
I will walk in my house with blameless heart.
I will set before my eyes no vile thing.

Psalms 101:2 & 3a

David was a man who took his integrity seriously. He understood what integrity is – it is what you are when others are not watching. David understood that God saw all he did, as evidenced by the first two lines of the quotation for today. It was his ambition and desire to be found blameless should his God come to him when he least expected it (Mt 24:42-44).

Most significant to me as I read this passage was that David mentioned a specific place where he would be careful to maintain a blameless heart – his home. I’m sure he was like many of us who really do not find it difficult to remain blameless in the public eye, but find it much more challenging in the private places of our lives. To that end, he strives to live a home life that is pleasing to his God, removing those things that could cause him to stumble not only from his public life, where others can see them, but from his presence in private as well.

LORD-
Help me, like your servant David, to be mindful of the way I live my life both in and out of the public eye. Help me to be constantly aware of the fact that you are near and ever ready for your appearing. Let me seek by great carefulness to lead a blameless life before you, regardless of who might be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment