Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Location, Location, Location...

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you.
James 4:7, 8

What is it they say matters in real estate? Location, Location, Location! Do you know that location matters with God also?


What is my proximity to God? How often I have wished that God would come near to me - prayed that God would come near to me – and wondered why it did not happen. James says that must come near to God in order that he will come near to us. And we can come near to God only as we submit ourselves to him.


Again, if we are submitted to God we can resist the devil. How much time and energy have I expended in my Christian life trying not to do what I ought not to do? Too much. That resistance by will power is futile – the human will is not sufficient to overcome the enemy. If I will submit myself to God and become obedient to Him, I will resist the devil and he will flee. Submitted, I can come near to God and he will then come near to me. In His presence I will begin to think and act differently.


Would you live differently if you lived across the street from your pastor? I think we all would. In the same way, if we choose to come near to God we will live differently. Today, as you decide where you will make your home, choose to be near God. Remember… Location, Location, Location!

No comments:

Post a Comment