Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Listen...

He said to me, "Son of man, stand up on your feet and I will speak to you." As he spoke, the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet, and I heard him speaking to me.
Ezekiel 2:1 & 2

Have you heard from the Spirit of the Living God of late? Have you listened?

I read this passage this morning and found it interesting that God first spoke to Ezekiel and then sent the Spirit into him that he could listen. It so often seems to work that way in my life. If I am not listening, I can go long stretches without hearing the voice of God. If I listen and respond to the voice of God, it seems that he awakens my spirit to His Spirit and I begin to hear His voice all the time.

The other thing that struck me in this passage is the direct way in which God interacted with Ezekiel. He commanded Ezekiel to his feet, but then sent the Spirit into Ezekiel to raise him to his feet. If we, also, are willing to hear God’s commands and obey he will work in us to do what he asks of us (Philippians 2:13).

Gracious Father-
Let me hear your voice this day. Create in me the desire to spend time in your Word, where you often speak to me. Help me to be still before you at some time today and just listen so that I may hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment