Monday, November 06, 2006

Fan the flame...

For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
2 Timothy 1:6

Señor Dios had me awaken at 12:30 a.m. Sunday morning up praying in the family room. I asked, “Lord, how can I possibly pray as much as I will be required to pray over the next two weeks?”

He showed me a vision. In the vision were a fire, a bellows and air. He explained to me that the fire was the work he is doing in West Africa, we are the bellows and the air is his Spirit, his will. He said they we need not worry how to pray, just to empty ourselves as the bellows and be filled with his will and he would point us to the fire and squeeze to fan the flame. He told me that the fire could grow by itself just because of the air, but that with our church concentrating the wind on the fire, we could very quickly fan the flames into an inferno!

Lord-
As the team is on the ground in West Africa, allow us to fan the fire they are igniting by our prayers. Cause an incredible spiritual growth among our people group, not just as individuals, but as a group. Bring to light your gifting within individuals that they may assume leadership roles and spread the Gospel, planting churches that plant churches in West Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment