Friday, November 09, 2012

The Weekend Round-up

I thought I'd start a new feature at Undomesticated Grace, the Weekend Round-up. I will try to aggregate some of the best blog posts from around the web that I have read the previous week and present them here on Friday afternoon in the hopes that you can find time over the weekend to enjoy them as well. Here goes:

Smilingly Leading You to Hell - We like to be around people who are nice at least in large part because we are comforted by their pleasant words or deeds and by their adherence to whatever social custom dictates. It is an attractive quality, but it can also be a deceptive one.

Moralism Vs. Jesus-Centered Preaching - There is, in the end, only two ways to read the Bible: is it basically about me or basically about Jesus? In other words, is it basically about what I must do, or basically about what he has done? If I read David and Goliath as basically giving me an example, then the story is really about me. I must summons up the faith and courage to fight the giants in my life. But if I read David and Goliath as basically showing me salvation through Jesus, then the story is really about him. Until I see that Jesus fought the real giants (sin, law, death) for me, I will never have the courage to be able to fight ordinary giants in life (suffering, disappointment, failure, criticism, hardship).

Living Moment by Moment in the Reality of One's Justification -  The Christian life is acting moment by moment on the same principle, and in the same way, as I acted at the moment of my justification. -Francis Schaeffer

Whitefield on Election - For if we deny election we must, partly at least, glory in ourselves.

The election post you have to write. - Jon Acuff's take on the obligatory election post.

Jimmy Kimmel - I Told My Kid I Ate All Their Halloween Candy Again
You have to watch this one to the end. Made me tear up a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment